The Magical Games at Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magical Games at Hogwarts

The year is 2030 and it's finally time for Hogwarts to host the Triwizard Tournament once more. Who will win?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anastasia Marwolathe
6th Year
Anastasia Marwolathe

Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:42 am

Staz barely remembered the last time she had had a real brownie. Nowadays, all she got was some disgusting gooey brown cake sort of thing, with spinach added in between. She shuddered even now as she remembered the taste, it was all the fault of Ariadne, her step mom. "The fitness freak." She muttered to herself as she searched for the melted chocolate. "At least I know what a real brownie tastes like, I still remember the time Brielle had a real brownie." She added as she grimaced, remembering the way Brielle had vomited. "People, should not mix nutrition and good food."

She couldn't sleep and suddenly had gotten this strange craving to have a brownie. So she had made her way to the Kitchens, waking up the house elves she had told them to make some brownies for her. And then in typical Staz crazy urge fashion, she had decided that she wanted to make the brownies. Dismissing the protests of the house elves, she had ordered them to go back to sleep, thinking how hard could t really be to make brownies. Now her hair and most of her arms were covered in flour, her fingers in melted chocolate and her apron was unmentionable, not to mention barely noticeable under the stains, searching for eggs, skipping around rather than plain old moving. Despite the mess and the fact that her hair kept escaping from the messy, sloppy bun she had tied them into, Staz was feeling cheerful, she was even humming songs, something she barely did.
Back to top Go down
Cyryl Maurycy
7th Year
Cyryl Maurycy

PostSubject: Re: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:25 pm

The sudden craving for a late night snack had struck Cyryl, and he could only silently sneak into the kitchen, ready to just grab something to eat then rush back to his room. Everybody else was asleep, and so he didn't want to wake them up. Well okay, he wanted to wake up some of his friends just for the heck of it, but he knew that they'd probably kill him. The second he opened the door and walked in, wondering how long it would take him to open the fridge, get a chocolate bar and run back too the dorms, he slipped on a bit of milk that had been spilt there only about ten minutes ago. He frowned as he landed on his butt, and looked up to see that, by the time he had gotten there for some snacks, not only the girl but the kitchen too was a total mess. He noticed that she was happily dancing around, humming, and it made him chuckle to himself.

"Hi." He greeted then, rather amused as he stood up and tried to look behind him and see whether he had milk on his butt. "Oh man!" He whined then, pouting and shaking his head as he carefully stepped around the many things on the floor. "Uh. What're you doing? Or rather, what were you trying to do?" He questioned, finding a spot that had yet to be taken over by milk, eggs, flour or any other ingredient, where he could stop and watch Anastasia, awaiting her response. But the thing in a bowl seemed to answer his question, as he narrowed his eyes and looked in, noticing it was something to do with chocolate. It looked like it had yet to be formed into a shape, if the girl before him intended to form it into shapes at all.

So much for coming downstairs to get a snack. Looked like he'd have to wait for another couple of hours, if not longer.
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Marwolathe
6th Year
Anastasia Marwolathe

PostSubject: Re: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:09 am

Staz skipped over to the counter and handed him a tissue and in the process skidded very badly on a forgotten stick of butter lying on the floor. Luckily, she managed to grab the edge of the counter top so she didn't fall down and hurt herself not to mention her ego. Unluckily, this sudden movement caused the band holding her hair back to snap and her hair floated all around her face. Glaring almost comically at the strands, she tried very unsuccessfully to blow them away. her hair may have been covered in flour in some places her hands were worse, and she didn't want to make her hair any worse than they already were,. Not that she gave a damn about them, but if they did get messy then she would have to spend more time on washing them and with her waking up schedule, that wouldn't work very well.

"I am trying to bake brownies." She answered proudly, pointing sheepishly towards the bowl. "I will get this mess cleared up, I promise." She added hastily, skidding a bit more before adjusting her weight so she could stand steadily. "OD you want to help? And......what were you doing here?" Her confusion made her accent stand out even more.
Back to top Go down
Cyryl Maurycy
7th Year
Cyryl Maurycy

PostSubject: Re: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:12 pm

"Thanks." Cyryl took the tissue from her to wipe off the milk and flour that had somehow made their way up his arms and on his face. Wow, he'd only been in here three minutes and was already getting attacked by the ingredients. Fierce things, they were. There was no way that he'd be able to get the milk off his butt until he went back upstairs to change, so he wouldn't even attempt wiping it off.

"Brownies, eh?" Cyryl raised an eyebrow. "Made some of those in my time." Now that just made him sound like an old man. "Yeah, I'll help out. And, just came down here to get something to eat, though it's way past curfew. I think we should have waited until earlier in the morning. Or you should have woken the House elves up. They could have made the brownies for you so you wouldn't have to go through...all this." Taking his wand out, he levitated most of the things on the floor and let them drop in the bin, before he got the mop out--still with his wand--and began cleaning up the floor. He knew it would get dirty again as they would be carrying on baking, but hey! At least they could walk around without it being a safety hazard. "There we go." The older student smiled cheerfully and moved to stand beside Staz, in front of the bowl of chocolate brownie dough (he guessed it was).

Now let's see if I remember how to do this, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Marwolathe
6th Year
Anastasia Marwolathe

PostSubject: Re: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:17 pm

"Thanks." Staz remarked when Cyryl began to clear up the floor. Grabbing a few tissues and furiously rubbing her hands clean, she pulled her hair back in some sort of a messy pony tail. 'But where's the fun in that?" She asked pointedly with an exaggerated pout. Suddenly realizing she looked like Brielle before a tantrum, she quickly shook her head and in the process made a few more of her hair escape from the band and float annoyingly around her face. 'I hate you stupid hair. Get back and stay there this time. I mean, why, why did I have to inherit mum's pathetic hair, I couldn't inherit any of her gorgeous features, no....it had to be hair." She muttered angrily to herself, pushing the strands roughly behind her ear.

"lets start now!" She proclaimed enthusiastically, throwing a spare apron she pulled out from one of the drawers in the general direction of the boy, hoping eh would watch it and it would not, embarrassingly, end up falling in the dough. "Okay, now what do we do."
Back to top Go down
Cyryl Maurycy
7th Year
Cyryl Maurycy

PostSubject: Re: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Cyryl skillfully caught the apron and tied it quickly around his waist casually looking down at the bowl. "Huh well...now we...if I just..." He just slightly poked a spoon into the dough and brought it to his mouth, tilting his head slightly to the side. "Well it's not yet bad. Needs more sugar if you ask me. I know there was already sugar in the chocolate, but still! I think that really, it does need a little more sugar." He looked around for the pack and once he found it, sprinkled some in. "That should do it. Now if we just, put it in this." He handed her a tray. "And put it in the oven, it should be ready to cut once it's out and cooled down." He gave her a smile.

This shouldn't be hard. She's done most of what we were supposed to do anyway, he thought, watching her do what he told her to, while he leaned against the counter. "See?" He winked. "Easy as that. We didn't even make a mess. Then again, there weren't many other things we needed to do." His shoulders rose and fell in a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Marwolathe
6th Year
Anastasia Marwolathe

PostSubject: Re: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:28 am

"Impressive." Staz remarked, clapping lightly and laughing when Cyryl caught the apron expertly and helped her with the brownies. Grabbing a spoon and gingerly tasting some of the dough herself, she nodded as a blissful smile came upon her face. "Per-fect. Now I am just going to add a little this, and a little that and bingo! It goes into the oven." She said while adding a few chocolate pieces and sprinkling a little bit of coffee into the dough.

"Are't we supposed to grease the tray before we set it in the oven?" She asked, frowning as she tried to remember how Ariadne baked them. Regretting it immediately as the sickening taste of Spinach Brownies came back to her, she made a face searching for the butter. "There you go." She said as she coated the tray with the butter and poured in the dough. "Yeah, don't gloat!" She mock scolded, yawning as tiredness caught up with her.
Back to top Go down
Cyryl Maurycy
7th Year
Cyryl Maurycy

PostSubject: Re: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Cyryl chuckled as Staz seemed to 'talk' to the dough, and watched her in slight amusement. He'd answered her question with a nod, and noticed that she seemed really tired. "You should get some sleep after this." He commented, pulling himself up to sit on the counter which he had finished cleaning up while she greased the tray and put it in the oven. "Now we gotta wait for a while." He pointed out, leaning against one of the cupboards, bringing a knee up and draping his arm over it, his head back, eyes closed.

Quite frankly, he was rather tired and wanted to sleep, but it might have taken quite a while before he could. Falling asleep on the kitchen counter really wasn't an option, although it was really tempting. Well...if the house elves had seen Staz, then couldn't they tell the staff, and they'd get into really deep shit? He had random thoughts of hoping that didn't happen now; it had only been a two days back at school; he didn't wanna get told off so soon...
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Marwolathe
6th Year
Anastasia Marwolathe

PostSubject: Re: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:45 am

"Very efficient!" Staz complemented Cyryl when she turned around and was greeted by the newly cleaned counter. Though he hadn't asked, she still rambled on about her neatness and organization, or lack thereof. "I just don't like neatness and being organized, there is this beauty in chaos and I really admire it." She explained, putting away the ingredients back to where she took them out from. She wasn't sure about the beauty part, but right now she certainly looked very chaotic. "I know it may just sound like an excuse for being lazy, but keeping a messy room can be hard work! I mean, you have to not clean up, but yet maintain hygiene and general standards of cleanliness."

Staz genuinely thought that Cyryl had fallen asleep so she couldn't really be blamed when she did the obvious thing. She poked him with her finger, "Don't fall asleep! I really doubt that I can carry dead weight down to the Boy's Housing!" She hissed, rolling her eyes. Blinking as a new thought came into her mind, she clarified as an afterthought. "Its not that I am weak, you know, but I would rather not do it and then I am so tired!" Batting her eyes innocently, Staz looked like a model of innocence, even with all the mess around her.

"So........do you want to talk to keep awake? I mean, we can't be caught sleeping in the Kitchens! For one thing, they are very uncomfortable, for another, even though the house elves don't tell on me when I use their kitchen. I doubt that protection covers sleeping in it too. You are a Seventh year right? Will you be competing in the Tournament? What exactly did you want when you came up to the Kitchens? What's your home like? Where do you live? Do you like school? What do you plan to do after passing out? Favorite cuisine? Are you always this neat, or is this a special occasion? Aaaaaaaaaaannnd I realize I should shut up now."
Back to top Go down
Cyryl Maurycy
7th Year
Cyryl Maurycy

PostSubject: Re: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Cyryl listened to Staz babbling on and on about pointless things, bombarding him with questions. In a way, he found that to be amusing. Was that her way of trying not to fall asleep? "I wasn't assuming you were lazy or weak," He raised an eyebrow. "It's not good to insinuate things so quickly. And nope, I'm not asleep. Yet. So you can stop poking me."

"So........do you want to talk to keep awake? I mean, we can't be caught sleeping in the Kitchens! For one thing, they are very uncomfortable, for another, even though the house elves don't tell on me when i use their kitchen. I doubt that that protection covers sleeping in it too. You are a Seventh year right? Will you be competing in the Tournament? What exactly did you want when you came up to the Kitchens? Whats your home like? Where do you live? Do you like school? What do you plan to do after passing out? Favorite cuisine? Are you always this neat, or is this a special occasion? Annnd I realize I should shut up now."

"Well let's see. Talking's fine cuz yeah, we can't be caught sleeping in the kitchens. Yep, I'm a seventh year and no, I don't think I'm gonna be competing in the Tournament. I mean I want to, but I don't see the point because I might not get chosen anyway. I'm gonna see; it's quite a long way to go until students are gonna go to Hogwarts to see who gets picked. I actually came for something to do with chocolate. I have to have something sweet everyday or I go totally whiny like a five year old. My home's...warm? Welcoming?" He didn't know how else to describe what his home was like, so he continued with answering the questions. "I live in Warsaw in Poland in the Summer when I'm not here in Durmstrang. Me liking school actually depends on what classes I have that day and whether or not I actually can be bothered to show up at all. Usually I hate it unless I have Charms or I can get out of it to go for a little fly around school. Uhh...not really sure what you mean by 'passing out'. It does have a double meaning you know. I'd have to say, British Cuisine. And no, I'm not always this neat. I just don't want everyone to have a heart attack when they see the kitchens in the morning." He chuckled at her last statement. "It's fine. I don't really mind someone who talks a lot." Cyryl smirked at her.

Last edited by Cyryl Maurycy on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anastasia Marwolathe
6th Year
Anastasia Marwolathe

PostSubject: Re: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:00 pm

"You say its not good to insinuate things but aren't you technically doing the same thing by assuming that you wouldn't get selected?" Staz pointed out slowly, her hands working animatedly as confusion shone from her face. " And might means that you have a chance. Even I am trying, but I am sure you have already guessed that that wouldn't and very well." She added sheepishly, untying the apron and trying to fold it neatly. After five unsuccessful tries, she gave up and stuffed the it unceremoniously into one of the drawers. "Well then, we must keep you stuffed well with chocolate, mustn't we?" She teased as she tossed Cyryl a chocolate from the pile of spare ones. She had a habit of tossing things, she fund it easier than handing them over. Not to mention funner.

"Aren't you lucky!" She snorted as he described his home, remembering her own home. Or rather homes. They weren't sad or miserable but weren't warm or welcoming either. "But I meant home like how are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Is it all magical? Or in a muggle neighborhood? Does it have trees around it? Or a small lawn? Are there flowers?" She nodded approvingly when he answered that his home was Poland, adding as she unwrapped her chocolate bar, "The architecture is very pretty of that place. I want to visit it some day. How's the weather?"

"I can't not show up for classes so I just have to suck it in and bear it. By passing out, I mean graduating. What job would you like to do? Or would you travel and hitch hike? Will you live in the muggle world, or wizarding world? Or a mix of both?" She explained, perhaps over explained her question. "Yes it is very nice, isn't it? I however, like any cuisine, it just as to be food. Don't worry, I have done this loads of times, chill!" She gave him a brilliant smile in reply to his smirk and shrugging, added jokingly, "Yes well, that's good. If you suffer through my babbling, then I am sure I will suffer your company too!"
Back to top Go down
Cyryl Maurycy
7th Year
Cyryl Maurycy

PostSubject: Re: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 9:41 pm

"You say its not good to insinuate things but aren't you technically doing the same thing by assuming that you wouldn't get selected? And might means that you have a chance. Even I am trying, but I am sure you have already guessed that that wouldn't and very well. Well then, we must keep you stuffed well with chocolate, mustn't we?"

Cyryl chuckled, shaking his head at her. She was one he enjoyed speaking to. Then again, he enjoyed speaking to most people. "Thanks for that." He told her with a grin as he caught the chocolate expertly. It would explain how he was on the school Quidditch team. Could catch anything and everything. But Quidditch wasn't what he wanted to go through with in life; neither was Charms. Music was his thing. Thinking this through a bit before Staz spoke again, he unwrapped the chocolate bar and bit off a square, staring into space. His blue eyes snapped back to her when she asked him another question.

"But I meant home like how are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Is it all magical? Or in a muggle neighborhood? Does it have trees around it? Or a small lawn? Are there flowers? The architecture is very pretty of that place. I want to visit it some day. How's the weather?"

Cyryl froze. His parents. That was a sensitive subject. He didn't want to bring her down, but she'd asked. "My mum died when I was young. I never knew my dad. I live with my Aunt though, and she's alright, I guess. I have a twenty-two year old brother, Cezar. He's a wizard too. Cezar says my mum was a Muggle; dad was a wizard. It's actually a Muggle neighbourhood, 'cause my aunt's a Muggle. Yeah, could say it was trees around it. Loadsa flowers; Aunt K's the whole girly pack, even at thirty years of age. As for the weather in Poland...it's quite cold at this time of year. Winter isn't such a long way away, so it should start snowing soon. It's mostly warm any other season."

"I can't not show up for classes so I just have to suck it in and bear it. By passing out, I mean graduating. What job would you like to do? Or would you travel and hitch hike? Will you live in the muggle world, or wizarding world? Or a mix of both?"

"Oh, right. Uh. I'm gonna do something music related. I don't know whether I'm gonna be living in the Muggle world, or Wizarding world. That depends really. There isn't much time left to think things through but I'm hoping it'll all come to me soon. Probably a mix of both, if I can't really think of anything." Cyryl shrugged, taking another bite of his chocolate.

"Yes well, that's good. If you suffer through my babbling, then I am sure I will suffer your company too!"

He flinched, "Ouch."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)   Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Because Chocolate Makes My World Go Around (Open)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magical Games at Hogwarts :: Durmstrang Institute :: Ground Floor :: Kitchen-
Jump to: