The Magical Games at Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magical Games at Hogwarts

The year is 2030 and it's finally time for Hogwarts to host the Triwizard Tournament once more. Who will win?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

History of Magic, Lesson One: Sixth Years

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Derek Blood
History of Magic Professor
Derek Blood

History of Magic, Lesson One: Sixth Years Empty
PostSubject: History of Magic, Lesson One: Sixth Years   History of Magic, Lesson One: Sixth Years EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:23 am

Derek grunted to himself as he came slouching out of his office, holding a small pile of parchment. He moved over to his desk, finding that most of the class had already assembled, and set the parchments down on the desk, sitting down in the chair behind it.

Once sitting down, he rested his chin against the palm of his hand, looking tiredly over the class. "So, you have opted to take the NEWT course of History of Magic..." he muttered and stretched. He really didn't want to teach any classes today. He was just tired, basically.

"Alright, time to start the lesson, then," Derek grumbled as he lifted his legs up, resting them against the desk and looking over the class. "Let's start with the Scottish Goblin Rebellion of nineteen twenty... No, no, never mind... Let's do the English Goblin Rebellion of sixteen fifty-five. Can anyone tell me what was so special about that rebellion?"
Back to top Go down
Eerie Monet
6th Year
Eerie Monet

PostSubject: Re: History of Magic, Lesson One: Sixth Years   History of Magic, Lesson One: Sixth Years EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:53 am

Eerie scratched her cheek sheepishly, knowing she had no idea as to what the answer was. It was probably going to be something easy, I mean, who has heard of complicated history... don't answer that. It was the English Goblin Rebellion of sixteen fifty-five and it shouldn't be that hard. Maybe Wizards helped out with that war, was that what made it so special?

Or maybe it was something else? She slumped in her seat, not wanting to be called on, but fidgeting when those dark eyes swept over the students. The history teacher had always freaked her out. He looked like a hobo... but dressed properly and had grandiloquent speech pattern. It usually made her giggle... except when she didn't know the answer... like know. Dramatic tears filled her eyes as she gazed down at her desk, one thing in mind.

Fail~

The only reason she took the NEWT History of Magic course was because she wanted to know everything she could about the world she lived in. I mean, most, if not all Purebloods had aforementioned education. Being that they lived here, in the muggle world you'd at least have common knowledge. Who the president is (Minister of Magic), where everything is, the wars that took place, etc. It was very unfair, but not impossible. Her determination made her an excellent badger, as did her persistence.

So after this class was over, she was going to go over her history notes again, and so help her if she ever missed another history question again... tho it felt like it was coming soon. Eerie whimpered mentally.
Back to top Go down
Derek Blood
History of Magic Professor
Derek Blood

PostSubject: Re: History of Magic, Lesson One: Sixth Years   History of Magic, Lesson One: Sixth Years EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Seeing that no one was answering, Derek sighed. Then again, he shouldn't have expected much. They were there, after all, to learn about these things, but he had hoped that at least one of them had opened the textbook before coming into his class. He sighed, reaching into his pocket and taking out his pipe, putting it into his mouth but not lighting it.

“The English Goblin Rebellion of sixteen fifty-five was special because it was the shortest rebellion in British history,” Derek explained. “It was led by a goblin named Rook the Rowdy, a goblin with very violent views when it came to humans. He felt that they were being treated unfairly, and gathered a group of followers, rebelling against the Ministry.”

Derek paused for dramatic effect, then chuckled. “The rebellion lasted a whooping three days before the other goblins tracked down Rook and his followers, and then cut their heads off, delivering them to the Minister of Magic. If only all goblin rebellions were like that.” Derek leaned back sighing. “Then again, I'd probably be out of a job for lack of material...” he grumbled to himself.

“Now I don't know what I want anymore...” Derek grumbled as he crossed his arms. “Alright, guys, sit down and read, or do whatever... I don't... I have some thinking to do...”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: History of Magic, Lesson One: Sixth Years   History of Magic, Lesson One: Sixth Years Empty

Back to top Go down

History of Magic, Lesson One: Sixth Years
Page 1 of 1