The Magical Games at Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Magical Games at Hogwarts

The year is 2030 and it's finally time for Hogwarts to host the Triwizard Tournament once more. Who will win?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Melissa King
6th Year
Melissa King

A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] Empty
PostSubject: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Melissa pushed open the door to what had to be her favourite store in Diagon Alley; Quality Quidditch Supplies. Most of the time when she came here, she didn't even purchase anything, merely admired the products; the robes, the posters of famous players, the various balls used in the game, the wide array of products used to care for a broom, and of course the brooms themselves.

Lissa now found herself drawn to a large display table in the middle of the store, and she looked down at the newest Firebolt model. She stretched out one hand and gently stroked the polished handle, her expression one of awe as she took in the broom. Her eyes flickered down to the plaque which sat in front, and she was awed further as she read the various features of the broom. She had never known a broom that could fly so fast! Oh, what she would give to own such a broom! The Slytherin's would have no chance of winning the Quidditch cup if one of these brooms was on the Gryffindor team! Alas, she could not afford it.

Sighing, she turned away from the broom and walked over to the shelves, where the many books on game rules and the history of the sport were stacked, alongside many others.
Back to top Go down
Alastair Creed
7th Year
Alastair Creed

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:07 pm

Alastair had to have spent most of his life in the Quidditch Supply Store. Or, at least, seven years of his life so far; but he knew he'd spend many more in such a store as this one. How could some be so...uninterested...in Quidditch? It had to be the best sport ever, and it sure beat basketball, like the kids back 'home' in England played. Of course the poor guy had only once been to his home country, Scotland, and that was when he was born before he got taken away, and so he had never known what kind of sports there were around there. He would have to ask Blair about it later.

His eyes wandering over the posters of players, Alastair couldn't help but think that he was a right saddo knowing all their names without bothering to look them up. Then again, what other Quidditch fan wouldn't? If they were big fans, then of course they would know all the names! And the only thing that actually caught his eye more than anything this time was the new Firebolt model. His breath caught in his throat and he walked over to it, giving it a look. Wow...well he could have afforded most of the stuff in here but there would be two full allowances before he could afford one of those! All the people that passed his glass case containing the precious broom would think the same; because it was true. This broom had to be one of the most expensive ones in the wizarding world.

Sighing to himself, Alastair carried on walking through the shop. Goodness, he would never get tired of being around here and taking in all the new stuff that was brought in every other day. You could say that this was his home away from home.
Back to top Go down
http://whentwoworldscollide.forumotion.co.uk
Melissa King
6th Year
Melissa King

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:20 pm

She had just removed a rare, first edition of Quidditch Through the Ages from the shelf and was carefully turning the pages when she heard footsteps. As anyone would, she turned her head in the direction the sound came from, and immediately she rolled her eyes and turned back to her book. The person was none other than Alastair Creed, the Slytherin from the year above her. Admittedly she didn't agree with all the inter-house prejudices, although she greatly enjoyed beating the other Houses in Quidditch matches, but Alastair was so arrogant and obnoxious!

Her friends would only feed his already oversized ego, as they thought he was 'cute, for a Slytherin! She rolled her eyes again at this thought. Her younger sister thought Lissa was a 'boy-crazy flirt'... well, she obviously hadn't paid much attention to Lissa's friends. By comparison, Lissa hated the male species!

And yet, this was the second time this Summer that Lissa had the misfortune to run into the boy. She silently cursed whatever it was that had caused this. Ok, so it was in places to do with Quidditch both times, and she knew he shared her love for the sport, but did they really have to be in the same places at the same times? She would have simply put the book back and left if she had been anyone else, but Lissa was not a pushover. She would not walk away simply because someone she disliked had entered her treasure trove. No. She wasn't going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Alastair Creed
7th Year
Alastair Creed

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Alastair would have been greatly surprised if it had been anybody else looking up at him and boring holes in the side of his head, but he recognized the stare immediately. All he could ask himself was, what the hell was Melissa doing here? Well okay, they both liked this sport and they basically both spent time at least four times a week in this store, although the brunette liked to keep his distance towards this girl, mostly because she gave off this, 'I fucking hate you Alastair so steer clear of me or I swear I'm going to beat your insides out' vibe. No, he wasn't scared, but he didn't like being around somebody he hated. She, however, was an exception. Because Alastair was so highly amused by the way she started arguments with him! Now though, he would not say anything, and he would just keep on moving around the store and just enjoy being around things he loved. No, that was an understatement...things he utterly adored! If he could adore anything else besides himself, it was certainly this; Quidditch. The brooms, the players, the game itself.

But...he really was curious as to why she hated him so much. After all, he hadn't even shown any sign of interest in even communicating with this chick-which admittedly was quite hot...maybe that was why he had bothered to keep talking to her?-before the one time she came up to him with one of her sarcastic comments referring to his ego. Well hey, what the heck was her problem with the older boy's ego, eh? Yes it was big, but that was the way he liked it.

'Jeez Alastair, that can have one too many meanings...'
He thought to himself with a smirk, as he shook his head and whistled a tune softly, while moving to look over at something else.
Back to top Go down
Melissa King
6th Year
Melissa King

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:59 pm

She tried to concentrate on the words in front of her about how the Holyhead Harpies were first formed, but the mere presence of Alastair Creed was irritating. She really should ignore him, but then she never had been one to do such a thing, and despite everything, she did rather enjoy their witty banter. It was almost nice to be able to talk to someone who could come up with witty remarks as quickly as she could, although she would rather die than admit that out loud. She finally gave up trying to concentrate and closed the book, although she did not replace it on its shelf, having already decided to purchase it. After all, how often does one come across a first edition of their favourite book?

Keeping the book grasped in her hands, she made her way back over to the table with the Firebolt on, where the older Slytherin was currently admiring it just as she had done when she entered the store. She smirked. "If you bought that, you may actually stand some chance of beating me in a match. Unfortunately, there is no Quidditch this year, and next year you won't be at Hogwarts. Slytherin really won't have any hope of winning without their star player." She mentally slapped herself as she realised just a fraction too late she had just complimented him, which would no doubt just feed his ego. Speaking of which, how did he fit himself and that ego on the one broom? Indetectable extension charm, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Alastair Creed
7th Year
Alastair Creed

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:14 pm

He had been doing his best to ignore the girl, but the second her book shut with a snap, he turned to glare at her. This should have been a store that would have been fully coated in silence...not to mention dust but still, silence! The young man had tried to keep his eyes on the broom, or on the new Which Broomstick volume. It had been a magazine he really had enjoyed throughout the years. It was soon decided that Alastair would get that magazine-since it was the new volume, and would only be updated like, every fortnight, which to him it was like years-and possibly leave, but a voice beside him made him smirk. There his ego grew spontaneously as he heard her words.

"If you bought that, you may actually stand some chance of beating me in a match. Unfortunately, there is no Quidditch this year, and next year you won't be at Hogwarts. Slytherin really won't have any hope of winning without their star player."

"Shall I have to remind you, King, that Slytherin has won the last two matches between them and Gryffindor? And that you failed to get on the team last year anyway? Please; stand a chance to beat you? I could do that blindfolded." Yes, it was rather a mean comment, but whatever. "At least you'll get some peace and quiet don't you think? No need to make me come back as a teacher by complimenting me. Because I so wouldn't do that anyway. And the day I make a famous Quidditch team, while you're stuck in school, I'll make sure to recommend you to another. That is, if you behave."
Back to top Go down
Melissa King
6th Year
Melissa King

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:40 pm

Shall I have to remind you, King, that Slytherin has won the last two matches between them and Gryffindor? And that you failed to get on the team last year anyway?

She frowned. Failed to get on the team? Hell, she had been on the team since second year! Failed to get on the... she froze, and then burst out laughing. "Oh you seriously think I failed to get on the team last year? Oh please, Creed! The only reason I wasn't in the Gryffindor vs. Slytherin match is because I was in the hospital wing recovering from getting hit by that bludger in our previous game!" She continued to laugh. And the match before that, your beaters took out half the Gryffindor team! I'm still not sure how that qualifies as a win when you were so blatently cheating, but whatever." She shrugged.

the day I make a famous Quidditch team, while you're stuck in school, I'll make sure to recommend you to another. That is, if you behave.

She laughed again. "Please. Don't worry yourself. I've already had interest from the Manager of the Holyhead Harpies. If all goes well next year, I'll be on their team the minute I leave Hogwarts." Surprisingly, she was actually telling the truth. Her mother was friends with the manager of the all-girls team, and the two regularly went out shopping together. One such day, Lissa and Lizzie had some friends over and had been playing Quidditch in the garden of the King house when the two returned home. The manager of the team had been just in time to see Lissa perform a wronski feint as she went after the snitch, and her mother had later informed her that she was keen to give Lissa a place on the team, if she continued to improve. She would be coming to watch all of her matches next year, so maybe it was a good thing Creed wouldn't be there. Whilst she would love the chance to beat him one last time, she would have more chance of her team winning the match if he wasn't there.
Back to top Go down
Alastair Creed
7th Year
Alastair Creed

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:58 pm

"Mm-hmm. I will never forget the day one of my boys took you out with a bludger ten minutes into the game." Alastair laughed aloud, and shook his head, sensing that this was a long play-argument between them, so that he leaned against the wall and tried waiting for her small-witted comeback.

Though of course, he had been quite surprised to hear that she might get a place in the Holyhead Harpies as soon as she finished school. It didn't really bothered him that much, since he had been recommended to two Quidditch teams and both was interested; this time, he really was thinking the truth. It was just that he only had three weeks to decide which one he wanted to join at the end of this year, and he had no clue which he should. After all, they were both interesting...and he had had another team on his mind entirely. He had been interested in Wimbourne Wasps, but as far as he knew, to get to that team he'd have to make sure he was an amazing professional Quidditch player...or maybe that was his impression, because he wanted to be with the best. But the two that were interested in him-Appleby Arrows and Puddlemere United. If he did end up deciding to go to Appleby Arrows, there was a high chance that Wimbourne Wasps wouldn't take him afterwards, unless he was really good. Why? Simple. They were rivals. And hated each other so damn much that it was a wonder they hadn't tried to kill each other in their previous matches.

"As it so happens, I really do not feel the slightest bit hurt by knowing you might get into the Holyhead Harpies. Because I did get recommended to two Quidditch teams. And I'm still deciding, but as soon as you make your team I'll make sure that my team will have a match against yours. I'll have a chance to crush you as a Seeker again. And again. And again."
Back to top Go down
Melissa King
6th Year
Melissa King

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:07 pm

I will never forget the day one of my boys took you out with a bludger ten minutes into the game.

She flinched at this, and her hand subconsciously rose to the left of her forehead. The school nurse had healed her well, there was not even a scar left, but she remembered all too well the blinding pain she had felt before she fell from her broom to the ground. Thankfully, she had not had more injuries than just a fractured skull, and that was thanks to her best friends all casting cushioning charms to protect her landing.

Realising that she had yet to reply, she brought herself back from the painful memory, her eyes losing the glazed look they had taken on, and smirked. "Yeah well, I will never forget all those times I grabbed the snitch right under your nose. More specifically, the time you chickened out of the wronski feint when in pursuit of the snitch. I remember hearing that your team were mad at you for weeks after that?" Now it was her turn to laugh.

I did get recommended to two Quidditch teams.

She nodded, the only indication that, despite everything, she was pleased for the Slytherin. "Which ones?" she enquired, and then smirked when he mentioned arranging a match between their two teams. "I really don't think you want to do that." She shook her head, one eyebrow raised as she smirked. "Your team won't want to see you lose as badly as you will to me."
Back to top Go down
Alastair Creed
7th Year
Alastair Creed

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:34 pm

"Yeah well, I will never forget all those times I grabbed the snitch right under your nose. More specifically, the time you chickened out of the wronski feint when in pursuit of the snitch. I remember hearing that your team were mad at you for weeks after that?"

Alastair winced, as the memory of the event came back to him. It had been something he had truthfully been hoping that he would never ever remember again, though no doubt it would appear on his permanent school record. How he managed to chicken out at that time he didn't know. And even if his arrogance was high, and all that, he would probably not deny this one thing from happening, as he knew too well that people would find out what really happened soon after.

"How IS your head feeling, by the way?"

"Which ones?"

"Appleby Arrows and Puddlemere United. I'd have rather gone to Wimbourne Wasps but even I still have a long way to go until they'd accept me in their team." He seemed happy with those teams all the same anyway. It was better than being recommended to the Chudley Cannons...although he could help them win at least one more game before their retirement.

The guys had lost more games than they had won, and were barely even famous anymore.

"Your team won't want to see you lose as badly as you will to me."

"Well I suppose we'll just have to wait and see won't we?"
Back to top Go down
Melissa King
6th Year
Melissa King

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:19 am

How IS your head feeling, by the way?

She forced a sarcastic smile, resisting the urge to wince again. Her head was fine, physically. The mental pain however she doubted she could ever forget. "It's fine. You'd be surprised how good the school nurse is." She remembered nothing about her stay in the hospital wing, having spent almost the entire time unconscious. Which was probably just as well, considering the many various treatments she was reported to have needed.

She smirked as she saw him wince at the mention of him chickening out, having no doubt hoped he would never be reminded of it. It would probably have bruised his ego to be seen pulling his broom up whilst she continued and caught the snitch. Unfortunately, said ego was fed more than it was bruised.

Appleby Arrows and Puddlemere United. I'd have rather gone to Wimbourne Wasps but even I still have a long way to go until they'd accept me in their team.

She nodded at the choice of the teams. "Well if you want go get on Wimbourne Wasps, I'd say accepting the offer from Puddlemere United would be your best bet. Then again, I'm sure the Wasps would leap at the chance to snatch someone away from the Arrows." She laughed, very much aware of the strong rivalry between the two teams, as anyone who truly called themselves a Quidditch fan would be.
Back to top Go down
Alastair Creed
7th Year
Alastair Creed

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:32 pm

"Wow, that so helps me decide. Though I might go for Appleby Arrows in the end." Alastair smirked, running a hand through his dark brown hair, his eyes filled with amusement as he considered what she'd said about how Wimbourne Wasps would probably wait for a chance to steal one of the new players from Appleby Arrows. That would be him. And now he couldn't wait...there was one more year of school left until his career as a Quidditch player, and three more weeks until he would have to give a serious answer to both teams as to who he would like to join. Thinking of it now, Alastair was quite nervous...not that he'd ever admit that, but he was and that would only go away if he decided sooner and let them know about it sooner too. Oh god...

There were just too many things on his mind now that it was a wonder his head didn't explode! The Tournament, the Quidditch teams, the Goblet and whether it would pick his name out...huh...he really needed to get these things out of his head for now though it was a pretty hard thing to do seeing as those were the only things that would make him happy when thinking of them. If not, he'd just be gloomy and stupid and...yeah...

Last edited by Alastair Creed on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melissa King
6th Year
Melissa King

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Lissa laughed, rolling her eyes as the older boy smirked.
"Well at the end of the day, either team is good, so I guess it will just come down to which one you prefer." She shrugged, tilting her head to one side as she had another thought on the matter. "Have you considered contacting the Wasps and asking them which team they would most likely look at for new players?"

As for her, she was set on the Holyhead Harpies and was determined to make the most of the next two years in order to get her place, even if her sixth year would consist of no inter-House matches. Being so certain about her future only made her feel sympathy for the older student, however, who clearly had a lot on his mind at the moment.

If it was one of the people she could really call a friend rather than an acquaintance, she may have offered some reassuring comment because, believe it or not, the sarcastic and witty girl really did have a good heart, which was why the Sorting Hat never considered placing her in Slytherin. However, Alastair Creed was more of an acquaintance than a friend, so she merely raised an eyebrow at him.
"You really need to stop thinking so much. You might hurt yourself." She smirked, her eyebrow still raised.
Back to top Go down
Alastair Creed
7th Year
Alastair Creed

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:31 am

"Well at the end of the day, either team is good, so I guess it will just come down to which one you prefer."

'That still so doesn't help...' Alastair thought to himself, sighing and giving her a brief look whilst groaning.

Maybe actually suggesting one would be better, but the next thing she said made him think about it all in detail.

"Have you considered contacting the Wasps and asking them which team they would most likely look at for new players?"

They'll know he'd be set on joining their team and would probably look out for him to see how good he was and, whether at the end of the day, he would be good enough to join them. That he hoped, because he couldn't imagine being in one Quidditch team for too long...unless he ended up with the Wimbourne Wasps. If he did, then heck, he didn't need any other teams or anything either.

"You really need to stop thinking so much. You might hurt yourself."

Alastair frowned, "Hey. I actually do have some IQ points you know. If I think it doesn't necessarily mean I'm gonna hurt myself if I do it too much."
Back to top Go down
Melissa King
6th Year
Melissa King

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:39 pm

"Hey. I actually do have some IQ points you know. If I think it doesn't necessarily mean I'm gonna hurt myself if I do it too much."

She laughed. "I'm so sure about that!" She said sarcastically, smirking a little with one eyebrow raised. "Be that as it may," she continued, "It's never good to over think things, no matter how many IQ points one has." It wasn't cold sarcasm, in her voice, though, more what would be defined as banter, just as she would have with her friends. It was strange, to be interacting with a Slytherin, particularly one in the year above, in such a way, but it came naturally. Maybe he really wasn't as arrogant and obnoxious as he always seemed to be at school. Oh if only her friends could see her getting on with him so well! They'd have a great laugh at that, considering she was the only one of them who had never taken any part in their 'he's so hot, if only he wasn't such a jerk' talks, instead choosing to sit on the sidelines with a good book she would pretend to read whilst really rolling her eyes at her boy-crazy friends. Honestly, if people thought she was boy-crazy, her friends took it to a whole new level.
Back to top Go down
Alastair Creed
7th Year
Alastair Creed

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:24 pm

"You're so mean..." He whined at her, crossing his arms and pouting like a kid who's lolly had just been taken away from him. Really, he didn't mind her that much. Perhaps it was just that one first day when he was kinda hitting on one of her friends that did it...and now they ended up like this; arguing all the time, stuff like that. It was all playing though; he couldn't imagine having a full on proper argument with a girl.
Not that he thought girls weren't able to fight; oh, he'd seen enough of that going round back home. And, for once, it wasn't a fight for him.
Yup.
Ego kicking in again!

"Well then. I guess I just have to put up with it don't I?" Shaking his head, Alastair couldn't help smiling to himself just a little, as he checked out another Quidditch related book, which he ended up getting. "And then you can have some peace and quiet for one entire year. Doesn't that sound like fun?" He grinned at her, and proceeded to the till. If he got the book now he wouldn't forget about it later and end up not getting it. He then slowly made his way back beside her.

"We've been quite unfortunate this holiday, haven't we." It wasn't a question, but more of a statement. "Running into each other twice. It's rather weird." Never had Alastair Creed got on with a girl so well. Especially not a Gryffindor. Well, he hadn't gotten along very well with any of the students in the other houses but his own. This is why it surprised him so much. Although socialising wasn't really such a bad idea at all in times like these, where he would usually be at home doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]   A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Common Interest [Melissa&Alastair]
Page 1 of 1